Bolivia & Chile & Peru
- Price: $3,839
- AGE RANGE: 12 to 99 year olds
- ACCOMMODATION: Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse
- MAX GROUP SIZE: 16
- TRANSPORTATION: Train & Rail, Jeep & 4WD, Boat, Local Transport, Plane
- TRAVEL STYLE: Discovery, Local Living
Start in Lima and end in Santiago! With this discovery tour, you have a 21 day tour package taking you from Lima to Santiago and through Lima, Peru and 13 other destinations in Latin America. This tour includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
For those looking to experience the history, culture, and wilderness of South America, this three-week adventure through Peru, Bolivia, and Chile is packed full of some of the continent’s most iconic and popular highlights. Explore the Sacred Valley and uncover Incan history high in the Andes at legendary Machu Picchu. Explore incredible landscapes at Uyuni Salt Flats and the Atacama Desert, and encounter vibrant culture at Lake Titicaca. Get off the beaten track and embrace the best of this incredible region.
Day 1: Lima
There are no planned activities until an evening welcome meeting.
- Additional Notes:
If you booked the Lima Cooking Class it does not include extra time in Lima and we highly recommend booking pre-trip accommodation. You will be picked up from your hotel at approx 10:00 (10:30 from Aug-Dec) and taken to a local market and restaurant to prepare and enjoy a traditional Peruvian meal. You will return back to your hotel around 13:00. Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Latin America (even in upgraded hotels and private homes). We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control.
- Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
- Optional Extras to chose from: Lima Cooking Class
Day 2: Lima/Cusco
Transfer to the airport for the flight to Cusco. Spend the rest of the day relaxing and exploring this fascinating city, and getting used to the altitude.
- Additional Notes:
If you pre-book the Cusco Cooking Class you will be picked up from your hotel at approx 12:30 and taken to a local market and restaurant to prepare and enjoy a traditional Peruvian meal. Return back to your hotel around 16:00.
- Transport: Plane (1.00-1.50 hours)
- Optional Extras to chose from: Cusco Cooking Class
Day 3: Cusco
Opt to visit and hike the famed Rainbow Mountain, pre-book to include this optional activity on your tour or ask your travel agent for assistance.
- Optional Extras to chose from: Rainbow Mountain Hike
Day 4: Cusco/Ollantaytambo
In and around Ollantaytambo
Travel through the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas, visiting women's weaving co-op. Meet the women and learn about traditional weaving and dyeing used in the Ccaccaccollo community. Opt to pick up some handmade souvenirs and textiles directly from the women who made them. Have lunch at a restaurant and eat a delicious buffet-style lunch. Proceeds of this meal go directly back to the remote community.
- Included Activities: Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit, Cuyo Chico Pottery Making Demonstration, the Sacred Valley
- Transport: Private Vehicle (1.75 hour(s), 94km)
Day 5: Ollantaytambo/Aguas Calientes
Board a morning train that winds through the spectacular Sacred Valley to the end of the line: the village of Aguas Calientes, a frontier town nestled in the hills beneath Machu Picchu. Take advantage of the opportunity to visit the butterfly house, botanical gardens or hot springs. Opt for a day hike to Mandor Gardens to see orchids and a waterfall, enjoying the lush, green scenery en route.
- Additional Notes: Those who have pre-purchased the "1-day Inca Trail" hiking option will disembark the train at km 104 to begin the trek.
- Transport: Train (1.50 hour(s))
- Optional Extras to chose from:
- 1 Day Inca Trail Hike Permit Request
- 1 Day Inca Trail Hike Permit Request
Day 6: Aguas Calientes/Cusco
Rise early to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu with your guide. Enjoy a guided visit of the ruins followed by free time to explore. When ready, head back down by bus to Aguas to meet up with the rest of the group and take a train back to Cusco.
- Included Activities: Machu Picchu Guided Tour
- Transport: Local bus (0.25 hour(s)) Train (2.00-3.00 hours, 118km) Private Vehicle (2.00-2.50 hours, 95km)
Day 7: Cuscc
Use a free day to explore more of Cusco or relax.
Day 8: Cusco/Puno
Travel through the high Altiplano region from Cusco to Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Titicaca is also the largest lake in the world above 3800m, and the views from both Amantaní and Taquile Islands are stunning. The trip takes the better part of the day, with stark, beautiful scenery en route.
- Transport: Local bus (7.50 hour(s), 389km)
Day 9: Puno
Head out by boat across Lake Titicaca. Visit the community on the Taquile Islands and enjoy a local lunch with spectacular views. Visit the floating islands of Uros before returning to Puno. Opt to visit to Sillustani burial site.
- Included Activities: Day Trip to Lake Titicaca
Day 10: Puno/La Paz
Enjoy the full-day drive around the lake and through the altiplano to La Paz. Bolivia is filled with spectacular views of the countryside. La Paz is at nearly 4000m (13,120ft) above sea level, so be prepared for cool evenings and mornings.
- Included Activities: Border Crossing (Peru - Bolivia)
- Transport: Local bus (2.50 hour(s)) Local bus (3.00 hour(s))
Day 11: La Paz
Explore the city’s many fine museums or its historic structures, like the Iglesia de San Francisco. The city is also renowned for its many markets, including the Mercado de Hechicería (Witches’ Market). With streets lined with market stalls and vendors, the pace on the street and the vibrant atmosphere is an incredible experience. To the south of the city is the Valley of the Moon, with crater-like formations made of sand. Thrill seekers can pre book a Death Road mountain biking adventure.
- Optional Extras to chose from: Death Road Biking Adventure
Day 12: La Paz/Sucre
- Optional activities include mountain biking, hiking, and searching for dinosaur footprints.
- Transport: Plane (1.00 hour(s))
Day 13: Sucre
Free time to explore the city, the former capital of Bolivia. For more active options opt to go hiking in the surrounding area or mountain biking.
Day 14: Sucre/Potosí
Travel by bus to Potosí and get a view of the mountain Cerro Rico looming over the city.
- Transport: Local bus (2.50 hour(s))
Day 15: Potosí/Uyuni
Travel through the Bolivian landscape to the town of Uyuni, the jumping off point for the three day 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats.
- Additional Notes: During the rainy season the locations visited may change due to some routes being covered by water.
- Transport: Local bus (7.00 hour(s), 230km)
Day 16: Uyuni/Salt Flats
Enjoy a three-day 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats and surrounding desert altiplano with spectacular scenery. Last stop for the evening is a community lodge in a traditional agricultural village in the heart of a desert oasis.
- Included Activities: Salt Flats Excursion, Jukil Community Experience & Lodge
Day 17: Salt Flats
Continue exploring the Uyuni Salt Flats on a 4x4 excursion. Admire the spectacular scenery while passing red and blue lagoons along the route. Spot wild llamas, alpacas and even flamingos deep within the desert.
- Included Activities: Salt Flats Excursion
Day 18: Salt Flats/San Pedro de Atacama
From the high Bolivian altiplano descend almost 2000m to the edge of the Atacama Desert, arriving at the small desert oasis of San Pedro de Atacama, just across the Chilean border. Said to be one of the driest places on the planet, this little town is an oasis in an otherwise barren, dry landscape.
- Included Activities: Border Crossing (Bolivia - Chile)
- Transport: 4x4 (1.00 hour(s)) Local bus (1.50-2.50 hours)
Day 19: San Pedro de Atacama
Enjoy an included excursion to the Valley of the Moon to learn about and appreciate the beautiful uniqueness of the landscape. There are plenty of optional excursions in San Pedro de Atacama, including biking, exploring nearby ruins, and horseback riding. Despite its size, San Pedro offers some great restaurants as well as numerous handicrafts and artisan stores for those looking for souvenirs.
- Included Activities: Valley of the Moon Visit
Day 20: San Pedro de Atacama/Santiago
From the nearby city of Calama, fly to Santiago, the capital of Chile. The city is surrounded by mountains, and there are both internationally recognized vineyards and Andean ski resorts within a couple of hours from the city centre. Explore the city’s many museums and parks and visit the vibrant neighbourhood of Bellavista with its handicrafts, trendy cafés, and San Cristobal Hill with its views of the city and the surrounding area.
- Transport: Local van (3.00 hour(s)) Plane (5.00 hour(s))
Day 21: Santiago
Depart at any time.
Hotels/guesthouses (18 nts), our supported lodge/basic hotels on Uyuni Salt Flats excursion (2 nts, multi-share).
18 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
This tour offers Jain, Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal and Kosher food options on request. Simply let our Customer Support team know the food option that you prefer.
Plane, train, boat, public bus, 4x4 vehicles, hiking.
- Additional Services
Sacred Valley guided tour. Pottery making demonstration. Train to Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu guided tour. Floating islands of Uros visit. Lake Titicaca guided tour. 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats (3 days). Tour of Valley of the Moon (San Pedro de Atacama). Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
Other activities and services not included
- Additional Services
- Lima City Tour (130-186PEN per person)
- Lima Cooking Class (79USD per person)
- Lima Biking Culinary Tour - Bike & Bite (75USD per person)
- Magic Circuit of Water and Dinner Show (68USD per person)
- Cusco Cooking Class
- Cusco City Tour (45PEN per person)
- Inka Museum (10PEN per person)
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (130PEN per person)
- Rainbow Mountain Hike - Full-day Trip
- Whitewater Rafting Urubamba (165PEN per person)
- Ollantaytambo Storehouse Ruins and Hike
- Hot Springs Visit (3USD per person)
- 1-day Inca Trail Hike
- Inca Bridge Visit (Free)
- Sillustani Burial Towers Entrance (45PEN per person)
- Death Road Biking Adventure
- Valley of the Moon Tour (150BOB per person)
- Witches' Market Visit
- La Paz City Tour (90BOB per person)
- Mountain Biking
- Sunday Tarabuco Market (40BOB per person)
- Sucre Dinosaur Tracks Excursion
- Silver Mine Tour (150BOB per person)
- Casa de la Moneda (40BOB per person)
San Pedro de Atacama
- Sandboarding (17000CLP per person)
- Mountain Biking (1500-5000CLP per person)
- San Pedro de Atacama Hot Springs (10000CLP per person)
- Day Trip to Isla Negra
- Bellavista Neighbourhood Visit (Free)
- Day trip to Valparaiso
- Santiago City Tour
Covering a total distance of approx 3,522 km.
- Lima (Peru): 578 km
- Cuzco (Peru): 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru): 21 km
- Ollantaytambo (Peru): 30 km
- Aguas Calientes (Peru): 8 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru): 67 km
- Cuzco (Peru): 333 km
- Puno (Peru): 213 km
- La Paz (Bolivia): 415 km
- Sucre (Bolivia): 85 km
- Potosi (Bolivia): 145 km
- Uyuni (Bolivia): 88 km
- Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia): 313 km
- San Pedro De Atacama (Chile): 1,199 km
- Santiago (Chile)